The anticipation is over, Windows 8.1 is here. The upgrade is available today for current Windows 8 users, and will be available for retail purchase tomorrow.
The Microsoft team took everyone’s feedback on Windows 8, and improved upon it in 8.1. There are many fixes and exciting new features in the Windows 8.1 Release –
The Start Button is back
It may not have the start menu or functionality it previously possessed in prior Windows versions, but it helps users navigate between the desktop and the tile interface.
Boot your device straight to the desktop
If you choose, you can now have you device boot straight to the desktop instead of the tile interface.
Windows 8.1 improvements also highlight:
- More personalization with backgrounds, color schemes, and new tile sizes
- Additional lock screen options that use photos and other neat alternatives
- Ability to freely move and resize running applications
- New apps
- Reading list – a book marking feature.
- Bing Food and Drink - for accessing recipes. It has a nifty feature that allows you to wave your hand across the camera while cooking to navigate the recipe while keeping your device clean and out of harm’s way.
- Bing Health and Fitness - for helping you to keep track of your daily work outs, food intake, and much more
- Modifications and improvements to the camera software
To upgrade today: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/home